Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used Model 66 Ccpd Warning

cking

A bunch of Used model 66 and 67 police trades have shown up lately.

Well I ordered one. Quoted as in good to very good condition. $323.00 with shipping

So what did I find in the box!

It was a carry queen, looks like it had hardly ever been shot, but was worn out from thirty years of loading and unloading and spinning the cylinder.

The firing pin had been cut off to prevent use. The cylinder lock hole in breach face was worn oblong, The lock pin had cut a deep groove in breach face. The yoke was so sloppy it had 1/16 inch end-play. The crane was twisted and wouldn't close tight. All screws were badly buggered. Cylinder had so much slop you could twist it till star rubbed on the face.

Yet there wasn't even any copper in barrel or lead for that matter, Cylinder face wasn't even black.

It was still covered with leather holster crud, finger grease in the latch, rust all over adjustable sights.

The company made it right, accepted the gun back, and paid for return shipping. But actually stated they have no knoweledgeable gun people on site to inspect the merchandise.

I guess if you had a barrel of them to choose from you could probably find some good ones, or this buyer just took what everybody else had left behind.