Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Problem With Case Feed Slide

I had a probelm with the case feed slide assembly and when I searched this website I couldn't find any info, so I thought I would post how I fixed it in case anybody else has the same problem.

The problem was that the case feed slide keep coming off the track and was making the down stroke very dificult. The rod that pushes the case feed slide was actually digging a groove in the slide as well as pushing the case feed slide to come off the track. The case feed slide was a brand new part I had gotten from Dillon when the last one finally broke. I adjusted the down rod and made sure nothing was binding the part, but it didn't help.

THE FIX: In final frustration I took the case feed slide off again and clipped about two coils off the return spring. It then worked perfectly from then on. Apparently the spring was creating just enough tension to cause too much pressure between the rod and the case feed slide.

I hope this helps.

Edited by ap3

• 3 weeks later...

These are molded in a gang in an injection mold. My original was trimmed and left a ridge that the rod and my handling of the arm caused me to hesitate a little, smothing that trimmed area made for better motion, so did loading several more thousand rounds and improved muscle memory on my part