Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area 7 Championship And A Question With Regard To

mcb

I think I may have a problem. I just got my registration for this year's Area 7 match (this will be my first major non-club match) and in reading all the material I received I have come to the realization that my magazines are not NY legal. If I read the information included correctly. I was going to shoot Limited-10 with my XD-40 but all but two of my magazines are 12rd magazines. Perfectly legal here in Ohio, but it appears are not legal in NY. They are all definitely manufactured after 1994. Am I reading this law correctly?

So I either have to find a stack of 10rd XD magazines or possible change my registration to Revolver. I would rather shoot L-10 since I have a classification in L-10. I still need two more classifiers to get my initial classification in Revolver and I am not sure I will get those before Area 7.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

mcb

Your magazines are legal. You can bring them in with you and your supposed to take them with you when you leave.

It's only us suckers in NYS that have a difficult time getting manufacturers and distributors to ship us new post ban hi-cap. magazines.

We're nowhere near as tough as California...at least not yet. ;)

Your magazines are legal. You can bring them in with you and your supposed to take them with you when you leave.

It's only us suckers in NYS that have a difficult time getting manufacturers and distributors to ship us new post ban hi-cap. magazines.

We're nowhere near as tough as California...at least not yet. ;)

Thanks, so the law in the Area 7 paper work only applies to NY residents?

mcb

Yes. You'll have a fair amount of "out of towners" bringing hi-caps w/them. Just bring 'em back home with you. ;)

Best of luck at the match and enjoy ! B)

Thanks Chuck D

This will be my first match larger than a club level match. I am looking forward to having a good time. As long as I don't come in DFL in my division or get DQ I will consider it a success.

Thanks

mcb