Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cylinder Conversion

dmd45

Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith that does the cylinder conversion on a 686 so you can fire 9mm and 38 super.Thanks

TK Custom

He had done a few of them a couple years ago. But I think any Revo smith can do the job.

I just picked up a spair cylinder and I plan on doing the deed on my own.

dmd45,

Where are you situated? Are you preferring to use someone local to yourself?

A couple of Smiths I know that could do the job.....

Randy Hollowbush - The Handgunner Custom Gunshop in PA

Al Greco - Al's Custom - Pittsburg PA

Mark Hartsthorne - Pinnacle Performance in PA

(see a trend forming yet)

Randy is building a 686 for me as we speak, but I have used firearms from all 3 above and highly recommend all of them.

Also another option is Randy Lee who is a regular to this forum, however I believe his reputation precedes him so there may have somewhat of a queue for his work.

Hope this may help in some way.

Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith that does the cylinder conversion on a 686 so you can fire 9mm and 38 super.Thanks

TK Custom

He had done a few of them a couple years ago. But I think any Revo smith can do the job.

I also have a spare cylinder and was going to buy a 9X23 chamber reamer and go/no gauges from Brownell's.I have been a machinist for over 15 years and have access to a mill but didn't know if anything other than reaming the cylinder and converting to moon clips was involved.

Edited by dmd45

TK Custom

I also have a spare cylinder and was going to buy a 9X23 chamber reamer and go/no gauges from Brownell's.I have been a machinist for over 15 years and have access to a mill but didn't know if anything other than reaming the cylinder and converting to moon clips was involved.

Basiclly that is all I am going to do myself. I have done moonclip conversions my self so why not this.

I am converting an old 6" 586 to a 4" 38 super. I got a spare cylinder and barrel, as soon as they get to my door I will be going to town.

Good luck with you project, Keep me posted,and I will let every one know how mine is going.