Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade, Sell Or Just Shoot?

Mark01

I've got a CZ 75b 9mm (which I've been shooting) and a Glock 22 (a safe queen). Both are stock. I plan on starting 3-gun comp. and my limited rifle will soon be ordered. So what should I do pistol wise to compliment my rifle.

I was originally thinking of selling the Glock (I like the cz) and purchasing a P16.40 Para, which I could customize to my needs with time. Or take that $$ and customize the 22? Customize how?

I also was considering a CZ 75 .40. Just because I like the way my cz 9mm handles. But I'm not sure this gets me anywhere.

STI and the like are very nice but not in my immediate future. The bulk of my allocated funds are going towards my rifle.

Suggestions?

I've got a CZ 75b 9mm (which I've been shooting) and a Glock 22 (a safe queen). Both are stock. I plan on starting 3-gun comp. and my limited rifle will soon be ordered. So what should I do pistol wise to compliment my rifle.

I was originally thinking of selling the Glock (I like the cz) and purchasing a P16.40 Para, which I could customize to my needs with time. Or take that $$ and customize the 22? Customize how?

I also was considering a CZ 75 .40. Just because I like the way my cz 9mm handles. But I'm not sure this gets me anywhere.

STI and the like are very nice but not in my immediate future. The bulk of my allocated funds are going towards my rifle.

Suggestions?

Stay with the CZ and/orGlock. Keep them both - one makes major the other doesn't.

You have the pistol for the game just learn to shoot it. Then get a workable rifle and shotgun and shoot. If you like the game your equipment may change in a few years. Give yourself some time to figure out the game.

What sort of matches have you shot before?

I've shot IPSC at a military range in Germany for the past few years. Because of revolving participants and not too many shooters all classes shot together - production to open. You shot what ever you had. I shot the CZ primarily. I usually placed in the top 2 with my friend beating me with a stock SIG 226.

It was run by an IPSC shooter but modified to meet the safety regulations of the military/German range.

But now that I'm back in the states I want to participate in official matches.

Run the CZ in Production and the Glock in Limited and/or Limited-10

Right now I run a CZ for Production and the Glock for the other. With those two guns you cover a lot of Division territory. An I too shoot the CZ more than the Glock, a lot of times because it's cheaper. But it depends on the match and what I want to do that day.

Both are great guns. Just shoot them and win with them. It's the quality of the shooter that matters. That and having reliable equipment. And both those guns are relialbe. Dave wins with Glocks, Rob wins with anything in his hands. Do the shooting and practice necessary to get good and let others spend their resources on the latest bliing bling gun.

Spend the money on ammo rather than on fancier equipment.