Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Homeowners Insurance Co

warpspeed

I had a bad thing happen recently. See here

My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like a customer.

They took my declared values for all the stuff that was stolen, adjusted the value for depreciation in a fair way, and sent me a check the day they got the police report. :o

I can't tell you what a relief that was not having to argue with them about the value of stuff.

Unless they really crank my premiums, they will have me as a customer for a long time.

I had a bad thing happen recently. See here

My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like a customer.

They took my declared values for all the stuff that was stolen, adjusted the value for depreciation in a fair way, and sent me a check the day they got the police report. :o

I can't tell you what a relief that was not having to argue with them about the value of stuff.

Unless they really crank my premiums, they will have me as a customer for a long time.

Glad it worked out. I would just assume that you would have trouble getting the amount the gun is worth from the insurance company.

Flyin40

Glad it worked out. I would just assume that you would have trouble getting the amount the gun is worth from the insurance company.

Flyin40

Since it was a factory built gun bought from Dawson Precision, documenting "worth" was easy. Replacing it in CA, at any price, will be a bit more difficult.

Flyin40

Since it was a factory built gun bought from Dawson Precision, documenting "worth" was easy. Replacing it in CA, at any price, will be a bit more difficult.

Just what I was thinking.

:(

Those guns are now made out of "unobtainium" in this state....... :o

Great to hear. As someone in the insurance industry (although not that company), I love to hear stories like that. Sure, everyone hears all of the horror stories (and there are), but seldom does any say they had a good experience (and they far and away outnumber the bad), at least in the same volume as others complain.