Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Magazine Problem

n2glox

I was running my Benelli M1 S90 in a match this weekend and had a couple failures to extract a round from the mag. Once while running the gun once while unloading. The shell was partially extracted from the magazine and was wedged. The chamber was clear of the spent shell. I could not figure out what it was wedged against, but I needed to use a tool to get it to fully extract.

I have a Mag Extension tube by SRM (Brings me up to 8+1). It is a fairly new tube with only a few undred rounds and has a red magazine follower.

Any Ideas?

Jeff

Couple things to look at. One make sure where the two tube halfs join are nicely beveled so that the spring or shell rim doesn't hang up there. Next it could be Magazine spring if it is happening on the last or second to last shell. Third I don't know about "red followers" but most Benellis seem to prefer the stcok factory aluminum one. Fourth, clean it out reall good and give it a nice coat of graphite. Good luck! KURTM

Couple things to look at. One make sure where the two tube halfs join are nicely beveled so that the spring or shell rim doesn't hang up there. Next it could be Magazine spring if it is happening on the last or second to last shell. Third I don't know about "red followers" but most Benellis seem to prefer the stcok factory aluminum one. Fourth, clean it out reall good and give it a nice coat of graphite. Good luck! KURTM

I will double check things. THe red follower is an aluminum follower that came witht he SRM extension. I will try the factory one.

I will also clean it. I have never used graphite on a mag tube. Do you just use the powdered stuff they sell for locks? How do you apply it nad how much?

Thanks

Jeff

yes, puff a bunch into each section of tube and assemble, get ready for black hands for a few loading cycles. Graphite WON'T attract any dirt like silicones and light oils do and it will slick up any tube. KURT