Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berm Aid I - April 30, 2006 - Hosted By Wvpps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I offered to help get some donated prizes to use for this match and so far have had the following companies step up with donations:

Corbon - gift certificates

Hogue - product

Springfield Armory - shirts and hats

Robar - free refinishing certificate

Blackhack - holsters and hydration bags

Metaloy - free refinishing certificate

Starline Brass - certificates

Para Ord - % off certificate

Midwest Training Group - $100 certificate for classes

Nighthawk Custom - discount certificates

Wolf Ammo - product

This match keeps getting better and better!!!

I'll tell you what . . . this match is becoming a representation of all that is good about USPSA. Our initial goal was to put on the best match we possibly could (challenging and fun) and keep the costs as low as possible because the purpose of the match was to raise funds to cover the cost of our range improvements (past and future). Those of us addressing the actual match stuff knew what we could accomplish in the allotted time frame and we have proceeded accordingly. We knew we couldn't do all of the "big match" frills stuff. In the meantime, people like Jake M. (and others) have stepped up on their own to help our match, our club, our range and our sport. Truly inspiring.

Thanks Dave

I shot my first ever IDPA match there at the range in Oct 2000 and then shot my first ever USPSA match there in 2004. The folks there have always been great to be around, it was my pleasure to help where I could.

Have added a few more sponsors who are donating to help the match:

Starlight cases - a pistol case

Otis Technology - 750 cleaning kit

Zero Ammo - $50 certificate

Bar-Sto - barrel certificate

Blade-Tech - product

CZ USA - shirts and hats

Nowlins - barrels

Comp-Tac - certificate

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for a "no frills" match we certainly are blessed with a lot of frills all of sudden . . . thanks primarily to fortyfiveshooter's (Jake M.) efforts. We will be giving away, according to my rough calculations, over $3,500 in prizes at the match!! Here's how we are going to do this:

Performance:

* $50 gift certificate in addition to plaque for each division winner

* XS Sights certificate for "clean" (no penalties) match (or four "cleanest" matches - fewest "D's" will be the tiebreaker)

* T-shirt / hat for HHF on Stage 7 in each division

Blind draw participant prizes:

Higher value prizes will be drawn for all pre-registered competitors (registered by 4/26/6)

Remaining prizes (if any) will be allocated to match day registrants.

With the amount of loot Jake has secured, it looks like almost all participants will walk away with something, in addition to a good time at the match.

Edited by davidball

Here is the match schedule for next Sunday. It is also posted on the Berm Aid page of our website (www.wvpps.com):

Match Schedule

8:45 am - Shooter’s Meeting

9:00 am - Match Begins

12:20 pm - Lunch Break

12:50 pm - Match Resumes

3:20 pm - Match Ends

4:00 pm - Score's Posted / Plaques Awarded

................9:00...... 9:50 ...10:40 ....11:30....12:20..12:50.....1:40......2:30

Stage 1 Squad 1 Squad 7 Squad 6 Squad 5 Lunch Squad 4 Squad 3 Squad 2

Stage 2 Squad 2 Squad 1 Squad 7 Squad 6 Lunch Squad 5 Squad 4 Squad 3

Stage 3 Squad 3 Squad 2 Squad 1 Squad 7 Lunch Squad 6 Squad 5 Squad 4

Stage 4 Squad 4 Squad 3 Squad 2 Squad 1 Lunch Squad 7 Squad 6 Squad 5

Stage 5 Squad 5 Squad 4 Squad 3 Squad 2 Lunch Squad 1 Squad 7 Squad 6

Stage 6 Squad 6 Squad 5 Squad 4 Squad 3 Lunch Squad 2 Squad 1 Squad 7

Stage 7 Squad 7 Squad 6 Squad 5 Squad 4 Lunch Squad 3 Squad 2 Squad 1

Have squads been assigned already? I'm all signed up, but I wasn't sure if there is online squading that we need to sign up for or we'll find out the day of.

Z-man,

Got you in Squad 4. If you have a request, PM me and I'll do all I can to accomodate.

David

Consider us registered :) I was planning on just showing up, didn't realize this grew so big over the weekend!!!!

Which time zone y'all in? 9 am is awful early considering it's a 3 hour drive over there!

All times are Eastern.

When considering a start time we attempted to balance same day travel in the morning with finishing at a reasonable time for return travel, tear-down, etc.

Everything is in place for a great match. Pre-registrations have been brisk, but we still have room for some match-day registrations (you won't be turned away). Jake M. has secured enough prizes so that every competitor will walk away with something. And we will have a "giveaway" of a Smith and Wesson M&P in .40. The weather forecast is for scattered showers (same as last weekend - my sunburn quit hurting on Wednesday) but we have requested that rain only fall occasionally on squads with shooters going to Area 6 to get them ready for the Georgia weather in early May.

Hope to see you there.

David

Ayup - we shoulda brought the waders - it was cold, wet and windy for most of the day, but still worth the drive and the weather. EXCELLENT MATCH! Mr. Ball put on some wonderful stages and is an excellent RM/MD. Thanks Dave - looking forward to Berm Aid II (but get a new guy in charge of weather)

Jake DiVita won Open, Tony Hawkins won Limited and Rhino won Single Stack!

I got to hang out with "Thomas Moore if possible", Cameron, Matt Cheely and RB too. Lemme just say, those guys are FAST! I know what I have to practice now!!!!

Thanks to the staff!! They put on a great match, despite the rainy weekend.

Special thanks to the Ball family for going the extra mile for us Michigan shooters! :D

Great fun shooting with the Littmans!

Ayup - we shoulda brought the waders - it was cold, wet and windy for most of the day, but still worth the drive and the weather. EXCELLENT MATCH! Mr. Ball put on some wonderful stages and is an excellent RM/MD. Thanks Dave - looking forward to Berm Aid II (but get a new guy in charge of weather)

Thanks, SG. Glad you enjoyed the match despite the weather. By they way, the guy in charge of weather was fired on SATURDAY, just based on the forecast.

The "wonderful stages" were designed by co-match director Aron Bright. He put a lot of thought into them and they came together nicely!

Jake DiVita won Open, Tony Hawkins won Limited and Rhino won Single Stack!

Add Teddy Llasos as Limited 10 winner, David Rose won Production, and Tom Johansen won revolver.

Thanks to Dave and Jane for the hospitality and the beer :D

can't wait for berm aid II. thanks to all the staff that put up with the weather and us whinning about the weather.

i had a great time at this match eventhough i made a boo boo on the last stage, sorry about that dave first time in six years of shooting.

see you guys at area 6.

I would like to thank Dave and the great RO's that pulled off a very fun and challenging match. Even though the conditions were less than favorable I think everyone still had a good time.

A big thank you to a mostly new group of RO's that did an excellent job.

Also this gave me an opportunity to get rid of my "what the hell happened there" match so now I am set for the rest of the season!!

If you get a chance drop these folks a line saying thanks, it really helps for future prize tables efforts.

pcowell@smithwesson.com

ppluff@smithwesson.com

tom@blade-tech.com

petejr@corbon.com

pat@hogueinc.com

debw@springfield-armory.com

info@robarguns.com

tony@blackhawk.com

metaloy@alltel.net

info@starlinebrass.com

info@paraord.com

jackisag@lvcoxmail.com

izehr@otisgun.com

irv@barsto.com

tammy@cz-usa.com

alice@cz-usa.com

nowlinguns@msn.com

johnm@wiolsoncombat.com

kemmons@pelican.com

dbiggers@xssights.com

freds@511tactical.com

joec@dpmsinc.com

Thanks to Dave and Jane for the hospitality and the beer :D

The next time I let you drink my beer, I'm going to hang around for the conversation rather than work on the match in the other room. You guys schooled Jane on match technique and now I have to worry about her beating me again. It's embarassing to have to move the bedroom firearm from my nightstand over to hers . . . :)

i had a great time at this match eventhough i made a boo boo on the last stage, sorry about that dave first time in six years of shooting.

Had to go and bugger up a perfectly fine results page with THOSE two letters . . .

. . . at least you got to shoot most of the match!

See you in Georgia!

The final performance awards have been calculated. The following competitors shot the "cleanest" matches and each will receive a certificate for free sights from XS sights:

Jake DiVita - 1 penalty

Tony Hawkins - 1 penalty

Kathy Littman - 2 penalties

Cameron Lange - 2 penalties, 1 extra shot

Steve Parr - 2 penalties, 1 extra shot

Congratulations.