Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification

tptplayer

My current classification is D in production with scores of 19.75, 38.77, 40.3 and 48.75. My last previos classifer was shot in November. Since then I have been working hard with Steve Anderson's Dry Fire book and live fire. Today I shot what should be around a 60% (60.86 according to the Ohio USPSA calculator) on 99-08. According USPSA rules anything more than 15% above my current classification doesn't count. Would that apply since I only have 4 scores? If it doesn't count, do I have to sandbag and slowly bring up my classification scores?

Player,

It will count as the first four are just for an initial classification.

the next 4 (first 8) will all go towards a new or higher percentage then it becomes as you mentioned.....15% more and you will have to contact USPSA to let them know you want that score counted ( If I can remember all the things as it was told to me)

Don't wory about If USPSA will count it or not, and don't sandbag just shoot to your ability at the time, your classification will catch up to you.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums, and this wonderful sport.

HOPALONG

Your in D class and thinking about sandbagging already? How about shooting more 60%+ classifiers and moving into C class.

Allways shoot your best. Don't worry about the numbers or class. Just continue to work hard as you obviously are and continue to become the best shooter you can be.

Welcome to the forums! Got any good jokes?

Edited by Hey QuicksDraw!

hopalong- Thanks for the information. It is not always easy to find and do classifiers so I don't want to lose good ones.

Hey Quick Draw-My comment about sandbagging was only if the scores wouldn't count otherwise. I would rather finish low in B or C than 1st in D. I'll work on the jokes. I have been a lurker for about a year and always read the humor.

Congrats on the good classifier score. Keep shooting those 60% plus scores and welcome to B class. Sounds like you had a good run.

I understood your post to say that you wanted to move up in class but had questions as to how to do it so that all of your scores counted. That sandbagger word brings a lot of emotion to the table. Have fun shooting and enjoy yourself.