Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Sights

Z-man

I've been throwing around the idea of putting some new sights on my XD tactical for production. I'd like the Bomars that Rich does at CC, but it's a bit expensive right now. I was wondering if anyone had much luck with the Heinie slant pros or Dawson adjustable? I saw that Dawson has some new XD specific sights, but wasn't sure how comparable they might be to something like the Bomars. For those who have these different sights, how significant of a difference do you notice between those and the stock 3dots?

The Dawson sights are good (if you black out the front sight.) You can take a drill bit and get rid of the white plastic they use to make the white dots and then file the front sight to the width of the dot and serrate it and you have a decent sight for cheap.

I currently have Dawson fixed sight with a .090 width front sight in the pipe (UPS lingo there). I should have them next week. I ran the Adjustable Dawsons for a year, nothing wrong with them but I couldnt get them dialed into my load the way I want them. Heines are great, but a bit on the small side for me. I would also look at the Warren tactical rear sight for the Sigs, which will fit the XD dovetail. It is the cats ass on my Sig, and debating on it for the XD as well......