Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange Magazine Problem...

bw31

I am using 140mm STI tubes w/ grams followers, grams springs, and dawson +1 basepads.

The first 17 rounds out of the magazine feed fine, but when I get to the last 2-3, I get a feeding problem. Strangely, if I release the magazine at this point and not touch the slide at all, the gun will finish the feed.

As far as I can tell, what is happening is when the magazine gets down to the last few rounds, the bullet directly below the bullet being fed pushes up on the feeding bullet causing a mis-feed. Any idea how to fix this problem? Is it a feed lip width issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

could maybe be an issue with how the bullets are staggering when you load them?

When the mag is loaded, push down on the top bullet a little with your thumb and tap the bottom of the mag to seat all the bullets in the mag, then tap them back as usual. It might just be the last couple rounds are sitting in the mag at a different angle.

• 2 weeks later...

When I load my mags to capacity (19 rounds), on 3 of the 4 that I have, when I shake the magazine, I can hear something rattling inside. Is this the bullets inside the magazine moving? Is this something that should be happening?

When I load my mags to capacity (19 rounds), on 3 of the 4 that I have, when I shake the magazine, I can hear something rattling inside. Is this the bullets inside the magazine moving? Is this something that should be happening?

Its the someone of the first bullets you placed in that rattling on the mag body.Push down on the top bullet a little with your right index finger and beat the pad magazine on the other handbreadth. After this simple operation you'll see all its ok and the mag works fine.. :)