Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marvel Top End

dpeters

My Marvel top end has never been able to extract a live round. Someday I may want to shoot it in a steel side match so I figure I should get this fixed so I don't have to explain to an RO at the line that I have to fire the last round in order to unload and show clear.

Any sugestions.

Thanks, Doug

most Ros for Steel Cahllnege are ok with that if you tell them before you start. but what is happening is that the lead end of your bullets is engaging the lands in the barrel. =this is a good thing as far as getting every bit of acuracy out of the barrel for shot out to 50 75 & 90 yards. You probly do nat care though. the #1 way is to have a very good gun smith screw it up by opening the chamber.

I say screw it up becuase I like shooting out to 50 yards. so please do not take it personaly.

Or change your amoe try the CCI miny mags 'non holow point ' = works fine in my Marvel.

You just have a very good barrel. one way to test it is to agresivly wipe off one round of all lube and see it it drops on and out after the barrel is clean.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I had that issue with one of my Marvel mags. I had a friend try the mag in his Marvel and he had the same issue.

The biggest problem I get with my Marvel is failure to feed. The bullet catches the chambers edge going into the chamber and hangs it up. It literally shaves lead off of the bullet sometimes.

Flyin40

I had that issue with one of my Marvel mags. I had a friend try the mag in his Marvel and he had the same issue.

The biggest problem I get with my Marvel is failure to feed. The bullet catches the chambers edge going into the chamber and hangs it up. It literally shaves lead off of the bullet sometimes.

Flyin40

How did you fix it??? I took it apart last night and checked the chamber, everything looks good. I then placed a bullet on the feed ramp to see if it would catch. It went in everytime which told me somehow it is trying to enter then chamber on a angle and I figured it was a mag problem.

Flyin40

I sold the suspect mag on e-bay and haven't had any issues since :D All my other mags work fine.

Flyin40

How did you fix it??? I took it apart last night and checked the chamber, everything looks good. I then placed a bullet on the feed ramp to see if it would catch. It went in everytime which told me somehow it is trying to enter then chamber on a angle and I figured it was a mag problem.

Flyin40

My Marvel top end has never been able to extract a live round. Someday I may want to shoot it in a steel side match so I figure I should get this fixed so I don't have to explain to an RO at the line that I have to fire the last round in order to unload and show clear.

Any sugestions.

Thanks, Doug

I have a solution for you, just load 5 rounds in and don't miss :P:lol: No need to eject a live round then.

Seriously though I have only had a couple that didn't come out. Not sure what to tell ya.

Flyin40