Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ressurect Area 8 At Old Bridge - A $2,000.00 Donation

I' assuming that the lovely recent State Law changes that were made adminstratively yet are an outright constitiutional violation (2nd Amendment) are NOT the cause of the matches demise. And assuming that Money might help get a willing club and Area Director to move forward with 06 Area 8 Match, see the following:

I know an induvidual who doesnt joke around, and he has promised me that if Old Bridge and Area 8 can come to terms - he will contribute $2,000.00 immediately no strings attached. Although not a condition whatsoever, he does challenge other shooters who have available funds to join the cause, if the almighty $$ was at all involved in the matches cancellation.

The money is there, it can be budgeted as "available cash" specific to the match if the same can be ressurected.

Thanks,

Jkushner1

:)

He is Someone who regularly shoots Area 8. And the idea of this sort of thing creating some precedence also plays into it.

Regardless, I am only the messenger, but know this person very well. I have seen him do similar things on more than one occasion.

Thanks,

jkushner1

I need to put my Forum Administrator hat on here for a second...

We have had one thread on the 2006 Area 8 match get closed. Some of the posts went beyond the forum rules. (mainly, no politics, and not treating others with respect)

Usually, after a closed thread, we just won't allow another thread to be opened on the same topic. In fact, that doesn't go over well at all.

However, in this instance, there is a pretty important piece of information that likely needs to be known. The $2,000 donation might inspire others and it may make a difference.

With that in mind, I'll allow this thread to continue. I trust it will continue in good faith. Remember, Brian's Forum isn't a place to air the laundry. If you feel the need to make posts of that nature, then do so on the USPSA forums.

Please keep the political bashing (USPSA management, and NJ laws included) out of it, and keep the posts moving to a positive resolution.

[edit: Information on the gun laws in NJ is fine to post. That is info that shooters may need to know when traveling to NJ. Debating the merits of those laws and those that make them isn't for this discussion.]

Remember, shooters are pretty good people. Work together and hope for the best.

Edited by Flexmoney

Shooters,

Expect to see an anouncement on the USPSA web page that the Area 8 match will take

place August 17-20 at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club just east of

Pittsburgh.

Bob