Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Slide on a Glock

Nik Habicht

I've got an extra Glock 19 frame sitting in the safe.  I bought it originally to install a competition trigger in it and to then have the option of shoooting it with the slide from one of my house guns.  However slide to frame fit was so loose, that the gun would occasionally double.  So I'm thinking of building it out --- Caspian Slide, KKM barrel and comp, and an Optima.  (as a fun gun, not as an ipsc blaster).  My question is this: Can the rails on a caspian Slide be squeezed (I'm sure that's not the right technical term for the process) if necessary, to ensure a proper fit with the frame?  My gunsmith didn't want to monkey with my Glock slides, but I think that might have been because he didn't want to change their relationship to the frames they came with.

If your serial # is EGH or earlier you need a + trigger bar.  This could be why you were getting some doubles.

You probably can tighten the slide on a Caspian but the Caspians slide have a tighter fit than factory as is.  

The Caspians also need a bit of fitting to work properly and many that I have seen have the firing pin channel cut a few thousandths too high.  Peening is also a real problem with the Caspian slides because of the tigher fit and softer metal so you will need to lower your locking block.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry you wise ass- I saw your post over on glocktalk allright - ha,ha,ha, very funny. Now - stop cruising the internet and send me your 3rd gen G17 for my 19 so I can get my opengun project rolling!! ;-) Regards,

Carlitos

BTW, Jerry - are you planning on doing any of the GSSF shoots in the midAtlantic?