Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Summer Blast July 7-9

Hats off to Larry and all of the setup crew. This is the first match that I have worked that everything right down to witness marking the targets were done for us. I hope Gary and I did a good enough job to be invited next year.

I would like to thank my crew on stage 2, Gary Johnson your the man, Terry Stevens and Tom Jenks, you guys did a great job and I would not hesitate to work with you two again.

Linda and Henry, you guys rocked! and Henry I'll stay out of the stats shack until you're finished ;)

Working majors is like going to a family reunion.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda and Henry, you guys rocked! and Henry I'll stay out of the stats shack until you're finished ;)

Working majors is like going to a family reunion.

John -- Henry was trying to save you from witnessing the explosion of the crazy woman sitting next to him. :lol:

Because of the 60 'disappearing' scores, it took 45 minutes after the last shot fired to post final stage results at the range. While that is not a big deal to most of you, for me it is a personal worst record after 14 years and over 40 major matches. I usually post within 10 minutes of the last shot fired. When you came into stats, I was about 12 seconds away from kicking my computer. Well, I'll get a chance to do it right in 2007!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

Hey Linda - Don't be so hard on yourself. You're awesome. I wish some other stats people I've dealt with were half so efficient and personable.

...OK, as Turtle pointed out, it's probably a little silly to only say vague nice things, and so since I don't have any big criticisms, I'd also just like to re-emphasize a few things that I think were particularly good about the match:

1. I really like it when speed shoots can be shot multiple ways. My favorite matches are those where the challenge is both technical and strategic on every single stage. Stages 5 and 6 were particularly good this way.

2. I appreciate the effort that went into designing long courses that were comparatively 6-round, 8-round, and 10-round neutral. As a Production shooter I don't mind rethinking Open-oriented stages from my own perspective, but it's great when the match is clearly put together by folks who give equal consideration to all the divisions of the sport. (And I don't mean a bunch of boring clumps of 3-target, 6-shot arrays... these field courses were all interesting puzzles with multiple solutions.)

3. It's good to have a classifier in the mix. And personally, I rather liked this one. :)

4. I liked the free towel. (It's green, it matches my gear. B) .) But the half-life of an IPSC towel is about two years, so hopefully no other major will be giving them out for a while, or they'll start to accumulate...

Thanks again, folks!

Well, I'll get a chance to do it right in 2007!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sounds to me like you did it right this time. You not only did it right, you kept it right in spite of defective software.

Kind of like a GM who turns in a good score in spite of ammo/gun problems. You're the Robbie Leatham of the stats shack!

Well, I'll get a chance to do it right in 2007!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sounds to me like you did it right this time. You not only did it right, you kept it right in spite of defective software.

Thanks for the kind words, Gary, but I am sure the software is not defective. I re-scored the match using the same software. I am certain I did something careless (or brainless) to my computer system (there was no problem with Henry's laptop or the club's).

Anyway, I certainly learned a lesson & have something to work toward next year. And I'll get together with all my friends again (I like John's comment that it's like a family reunion -- but I like most of my shooter friends better than some of my family members :blink: )

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 (& 2007) Summer Blast Statistician

Edited by LChico