Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17  dot scope base

Carlos

Looking to put a C-more on top of a Glock 17 - its a 1st generation model that does not have a light rail molded into the dust cover. What are my scope mounting options? Dale's Open Glock in Front Site used a C-More mount that requires the rail (the one I don't have). Not interested in the Tasco Optima at all - tried it & I prefer the C-more dot scope.  Any ideas??

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is the slide mount offered by CMORE.  It requires 2 holes to be drilled into your slide.  The mounting plate then screws to the slide and the scope is screwed to the plate.  Very secure, low mounting, and allows the scope to act as a cocking handle.  

I saw one done this way once.  Very nice if you don't mind the holes in the slide.  

(Edited by MTC at 6:19 pm on Jan. 5, 2002)

Have never seen a C-more mounted to a slide - interesting idea. If it will hold up, I can see it working since the C-more is quite light. Is there an online photo of this mount?

However, since I will be radically altering the intended design by putting in a non factory, tighter barrel and using a steel comensator, I'd rather not throw the equasion off even further with adding weight to the slide.  I think you all have answered by question - avoid the headache and get a 3rd generation 17 to build into a racer. Regards, D.