Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modefy Front Sight For Sp01

lukipsc

You know .. my first reaction was to say you could but after re-reading the IPSC rules I dont know. I think its clear that they are ok in USPSA, but the IPSC rules are a bit murky:

20.2 allows for after market sights of the same type as OFM.

but

19.3 says sights may be trimmed, adjusted or sight blacked.

One reading of it would be that you can only trim, adjust, and black the OFM sights and if you want something else you need to buy and aftermarket one. This sounds a bit odd, but there is a precendent for it with the magazine ruling which says you can buy aftermarket magazines and change their springs if you need to, but that you can not use aftermarket springs in your OFM magazines.

However another reading could be that, that once you took the sight off, and modified it A LOT you manufactured a aftermarket sight of a type offered by the OFM and thus you should be ok.

You should proabably send a letter to the IPSC rules folks and see what they say.

I know but look that Angus offering fiber optic size, it is on the same princip but made from original front sight.

So what do you think? Have you got contact for Vincent Pinto?

BR

Lukas

You know .. my first reaction was to say you could but after re-reading the IPSC rules I dont know. I think its clear that they are ok in USPSA, but the IPSC rules are a bit murky:

20.2 allows for after market sights of the same type as OFM.

but

19.3 says sights may be trimmed, adjusted or sight blacked.

One reading of it would be that you can only trim, adjust, and black the OFM sights and if you want something else you need to buy and aftermarket one. This sounds a bit odd, but there is a precendent for it with the magazine ruling which says you can buy aftermarket magazines and change their springs if you need to, but that you can not use aftermarket springs in your OFM magazines.

However another reading could be that, that once you took the sight off, and modified it A LOT you manufactured a aftermarket sight of a type offered by the OFM and thus you should be ok.

You should proabably send a letter to the IPSC rules folks and see what they say.