Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 faulty trigger reset?

Echd

I bought a used shadow 2 and kadet conversion a couple months ago. It shoots great, and I put about 2000 rounds combined through it. This does have a CGW SAO kit in it.

Yesterday I was shooting and suddenly had the trigger fail to reset. This happens after every round fired, but can be fixed by just ever so lightly tapping the hammer, which by all appearances is in the proper firing position. I know that's a weird description, but I've never seen a similar sort of malfunction before, and I'm not well acquainted with CZs.

If I manually cycle the gun it fires 100% of the time.

If I thumb the trigger back manually it fires 100% of the time.

If the gun cycles it will fire 0% of the time, but lightly tapping the hammer downward will fix it 100% of the time. It's like shooting a single action revolver, except you tear your thumb up if you don't move it in time.

Thinking the gun might be dirty I threw it in the ultrasonic cleaner. It is now spotless, yet the behavior persists. I didn't really expect that to work, but the gun was filthy from shooting a lot of suppressed 22.

Is this a problem that rings a bell for anyone else? Any ideas?

Happens to me once in a while when the pistol is too dirty.  Look at the trigger bar in the frame.  If there is gunk between the sides of the trigger bar and the frame, it was just enough to stop the trigger from resetting.  A quick spray, brush and spray again, cleared it all up.  That 22 ammo can be pretty dirty.