Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster options for TS2 with thumb rest

Obvious

I have a TS2 blue that I plan on having the frame tapped for an ipsc alex thumb rest. I just wanted to double check because the holster options seem incredibly slim pickings. Basically some form of race holster (ghost looks the most likely) or RHT? It doesn’t seem like there are many holster options period for the TS2. Do these guns also fit shadow 2 holsters? 

1 minute ago, Posvar said:

Another vote for Ghost Hydra P+.  Plenty of room for a thumbrest or nitro fin 

It doesn’t seem glaringly obvious so I’ll ask, what’s the benefit of doing the hydra p+ over an actual race holster like the evo one s? 

9 hours ago, Obvious said:

It doesn’t seem glaringly obvious so I’ll ask, what’s the benefit of doing the hydra p+ over an actual race holster like the evo one s? 

My Bull Shadow is what I got the Hydra for as it is still legal in CO. A race holster is not although the Hydra is a race holster covered in a shell. 

8 hours ago, Michaelsabre said:

I have an evo one s but it won’t lock properly. Maybe just my bad luck.

late on I pick all my competition gear based on how reliable they are.

too many unreliable yet expensive and fancy stuff.

Thats pretty s#!tty for how expensive they are. I have the one s for my TSO and it’s worked great. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

My Bull Shadow is what I got the Hydra for as it is still legal in CO. A race holster is not although the Hydra is a race holster covered in a shell. 

makes sense for CO. I plan on using my TS2 in LO so I think a race holster makes sense. Was just curious if there were any cheaper options available.