Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Level 2 holster for 2011 frame mounted thumb rest

I know this is a long shot. I spent hours trying to find a level 2 holster for my masterpiece arms loc with frame mounted thumb rest. I need a holster for multigun matches and my normal race holsters are not going to work. The only ones I can find are for slide-mounted thumb rest. If anyone has a leader who can make me one that would be great thank you.

Ive also been looking around and came up empty. The ghost hydra p is about the closest I've seen, it's got a typical race gun style lock and doubt it'd be easy to lock while on the move in 3 gun

Edited by Runswithwood1

It's one if the hydra p variants, not sure which one, I wanna say the original p was cut way lower than the p+, I was seriously considering adding a thumb rest to one of my 2011s until I saw the lack of holsters available with level 2 retention for 3 gun

From Red Hill Tactical:

With the rise of thumbrests in competition shooting, you can add a thumbrest accommodation from Align Tactical, thumb rest [generic] *thumb rest [generic]*, and others to your 1911 or 2011  holster build.  Please be aware that adding a thumbrest will slightly decrease the level of positive retention we put on these.  

https://www.redhilltactical.com/1911-and-2011-Holsters-3-Gun_p_24.html

HTHs!

31 minutes ago, MidnightRider said:

They only do those for the regular competition model and it's slide stop thumbrests

That's what I thought too, slide stop thumb rests are just too far back for me, if I can't have frame mounted then I just don't use one