Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TTi Combat

MontanaSteve

1950rd count update just got back from the range had no malfunctions/failure to feeds one primer strike think it was a bad primer tried it three times. My initial first cleaning at 650rd haven’t touched it for 1300rds the extended mag spring will allow me to top off the mag without feeling like it was binding up it has about a 1/4 inch of downward play that I didn’t have before, I believe that was the issue. My neighbor told me to stop by he was cleaning his guns me and him are going out to shoot in the morning he hasn’t shot his TTI yet we compared the two and his wife’s gun he oiled them up we compared the two and mine just seemed so much smoother compared to his despite 1300rds and no cleaning. I told him lock that slide back for 24hrs load that extended mag to the hilt and let it sit. I’m gonna see tomorrow if I can get to 2k without a failure and cleaning, the more time I get with this gun the more impressed I am with it! The 650mark is starting to look like the break in point for it with what I’m seeing on different forums also.

I haven't shot it since last report...

I did come across a long writeup on different springs to use (I think you've seen it) — basically a Glock 6 lb striker spring, a Glock 16 lb recoil spring, and a CZ extractor spring.

All comments from those who did the swap said it solved the issues.

I have the springs on order.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gQex4Ebw2ZNTqt_pADJyiCWV-FSFwEAxwhShQ6il-UE/edit

4 hours ago, MontanaSteve said:

I haven't shot it since last report...

I did come across a long writeup on different springs to use (I think you've seen it) — basically a Glock 6 lb striker spring, a Glock 16 lb recoil spring, and a CZ extractor spring.

All comments from those who did the swap said it solved the issues.

I have the springs on order.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gQex4Ebw2ZNTqt_pADJyiCWV-FSFwEAxwhShQ6il-UE/edit

I have to call them up and see if they have a lighter spring I’ve put 2600 through it 1950 without cleaning in it no malfunction

/feed issues definitely loosened up but I’m having last round not locking back still has to much spring on the 115gr freedoms ,124’s not a problem nor are 115’ mag tech or blazer hope it works out comp guns can be funny with ammo experienced it with all my comp guns they all needed lighter springs 

Problem with most comp pistols  is it’s a fine balancing act with the cycling as that comp will bleed off pressure that’s not pushing back  in my experience a lower recoil spring tune usually 3-4lbs than what the mfg. sends in the gun works with the ammo I’m using. 

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to buy one the first TTI's released. And decided to pass. I feed it is a lot of money for a non steel frame gun. And no thumb rest. I decided to go with the Mete SFX Pro instead. It has a threaded barrel that you can add a comp or suppressor. I added a 45 Blast Comp and a Align Tactical Thumb rest. For a lot less than the TTI. But the way I think the Align Tactical Thumb rest will work on the TTI? Just my .02 JD

Got to shoot mine today!  Stock, save the addition of a Holosun 507 Comp.  Used the trick of lining up the dot with the sights and got it close before I went to the range.  Had it sighted-in in just a few rounds.  Ran a few mags of Winchester White Box though it.  Shoots nice but it's pretty snappy!  I was shooting it back to back with my Rival S with 132PF loads.  Comp helps but the TTI is loud and violent compared to the Rival S!🤣  Comp can't make up for light weight and hot ammo.  Next trip I'll put the soft ammo spring in it and see how it runs with my USPSA ammo. 😃  

Gun feels good and has a nice trigger!  TTI trigger is about the same as my Rival but I had to replace a bunch of springs to get Rival to where the TTI is out of the box. My first impression is it's a tack driver!  Fun gun. 😉

Edited by Chutist

Anyone that wants to download this and print it at home this is my go to for Sighting in red dots on pistols and to tune up before I have a range session 

Tacticalacademy.us and download the red dot pistol zero it’s been a ammo saver for sure

A lot of people say cleaning out the striker channel fixes the FTF issue.

According to Canik, the fix is a higher-power recoil spring.

My two TTIs are coming back to me today, so I'll let you know if they're fixed.