Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What aftermarket parts came with my CZ?

borneoknives

I got this forever ago, sold it to a buddy, and recently bought it back. I remember something about CGW parts but can’t recall the specifics. 

the hammer is obviously upgraded. The trigger is too (it’s threaded for one screw. Cz85?), the trigger pin and firing pin look aftermarket as well. 

the DA honestly sucks so I’m not sure what’s going on there. It’s go a very defined “wall”. 

let me know what you think these parts are. 

iwo3e6q.jpg

OYoCfex.jpg

PXME6Wh.jpg

LbzNXlM.jpg

It looks like they all are Cajun Gun Works parts. You have the race hammer, 85c trigger, CGW Trigger pin and one of two different types of disconnector CGW sells. FP could also be different because certain discos require a different FP setup.

54 minutes ago, Redhemi said:

It looks like they all are Cajun Gun Works parts. You have the race hammer, 85c trigger, CGW Trigger pin and one of two different types of disconnector CGW sells. FP could also be different because certain discos require a different FP setup.

Awesome. Thanks. 

any idea why the DA feels… bad?

1 hour ago, borneoknives said:

Awesome. Thanks. 

any idea why the DA feels… bad?

It could be the disco doesn't work with that combo. What exactly does it do or not do? Ask him if he has the original parts.

53 minutes ago, Redhemi said:

It could be the disco doesn't work with that combo. What exactly does it do or not do? Ask him if he has the original parts.

the DA stacks up kind of a lot, it pretty heavy and when I breaks it's more of a snap. I'll reach out to the CWG guys tomorrow and see if I have the wrong disco.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Stmark73 said:

It may be your triggerbar spring came off the grove and got wedged between the frame and trigger bar

Mark S

Yes this is a possibility. Sometimes its just a simple thing that can make things a PITA and it's the ones I always forget 😆

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 10:14 PM, Stmark73 said:

It may be your triggerbar spring came off the grove and got wedged between the frame and trigger bar

Mark S

ok that happened and I fixed it.
The trigger still kinda sucks.

I emailed CGW, they think the sear might be the issue.
more later

Remember it is a decocker model with a firing pin block. You can't compare the trigger to a shadow version. That's like comparing apples to oranges. LOL

Mark S