Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Un-doing a New York Plus trigger? Connectorr?

cas

Hello..  (sorry if this is a FAQ type thing)  I'm re-doing a former NYPD G19 and have a question.  Wonder if someone might know off hand....   Is the connector in a New York plus setup heavier than standard also?  ( I have nothing to compair it with, I've only shot and worked on NYPD guns)

Yes and No.  

My understanding is that NYPD uses all three Glock connectors in various generations of guns:

standard (5lb),

reduced force (3.5 lb),

and a higher force (8lb) connector.  

It's easy to tell the difference even while they're in the gun.  The 3.5 (reduced force) connector has a "-" stamped on the tab, the 8 lb has a "+", and the 5 lb (stock) has no marking at all.  Depending on the vintage of gun, the connector may, or may not be heavier than stock.  You will have to check.

The "final solution" to make the Glock trigger more revolver-like was to put a heavier trigger return spring in the form of a plastic "V" placed inside the housing that contains the ejector (in lieu of the coil spring).  There were two flavors of the plastic return spring:  light and heavy.  Unfortunately I forgot the color coding.  Removing this and replacing it with a standard coil trigger return spring will return the gun to factory stock.

Stay with me here...   The plastic return springs were used with both the 3.5 lb and 5 lb connectors.  They were never (supposed) to be used with the 8 lb connector as the forces were way too high.  (The 8 lb connectors only used in conjunction with the coil return springs.)  So, odds are good that you have a usable connector.  If you're lucky, you have a 3.5 lb.  

Note:  I actually use (and like) one version of the NY setup:  the light plastic  trigger return spring plus a 3.5 lb connector.  I like the feel as do some of the Glock armorers.  (Everyone else on planet earth despises it.)

So, take a look at the connector and see which flavor you have.  If you have a "+" connector, you will certainly want to replace it with a 3.5 lb or a 5 lb.  

A great wealth of Glock information can be found at these sites:

http://www.glockmeister.com

http://www.glockfaq.com

Good luck,

Eric

Ok.. thanks. Yes strange things happend when they merged NYPD, Housing Police and Transit Police all into one.  But I think they all ended up with NY Plus triggers. (how ever they got to that point)

My experiance has only been with Transit guns. They HAD the white (ish) plastic piece and spring. When they merged and ened up with the plus triggers, all the trasnit guns i've seen were all retro fitted with the orange plastic/spring.

I'm not sure of the origins of this gun (departmental wise) but it had the orange plastic and an unmarked connecter.

Thanks again for yor  help.