Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cylinder reaming Super Gp100

I'm wanting to ream my cylinder throats to .3585 to accommodate my .358 160gr blueb rn short colts in my super gp100s (3.1 gr titegroup, starline, 1.200 coal fed spp). I'm hoping by doing this I can cut down on splatter welding lead on my freshly cut 11° forcing cones. I know that 4d rentals has a kit but I would rather buy a kit since I have a lot of revos and don't see myself slowing purchasing in the future lol. This led me to Pacific tool and gauge. I'm wanting to make sure I get the right stuff because of how long the lead time is to manufacture the tools. Using a pretty good caliper I find most my throats at .3565 or so. There is some variation however so I think I would need a few different size pilot bushings. I anyone could link me the kit/tool they've bought or give any advice I would appreciate it. I have read through a lot of the old threads but much of the recommendations from them are not available anymore.

If you're in the KC area, I can get you set up with an inexpensive and easy way to do that. All you need is a .358 reamer and custom made bushing. The .358 size will work fine.

Don't bother with Pacific Tool & Gage. They are a nightmare to deal with, and you may never get what you ordered.

Thanks Warren, I'm in Derby just south of Wichita. I'll be up your way for the area 3 steel challenge match in April and then the free state match later in the year. Any chance I could bring em by to you on one of those trips?

I would be honored. I went through junior high and high school in Rose Hill. You've probably never heard of that grease spot in the road, though.😋

I will look forward to seeing you then. I'll PM you when I figure out the cost. It will be affordable. I live about 5 miles from Mill Creek Rifle Club. I assume that's where the match will be.

13 minutes ago, Toolguy said:

I will look forward to seeing you then. I'll PM you when I figure out the cost. It will be affordable. I live about 5 miles from Mill Creek Rifle Club. I assume that's where the match will be.

Yes, it is at the MCRC.

The next weekend after the Area 3 SC we start up this years ICORE matches at the same range https://practiscore.com/april-mill-creek-icore/register.  

Edited by pskys2