Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now I remember why!

38superfan

Why Folks go prefer shadows over B models.  I've had my 75b SA for several years now.  Shortly after getting it I deleted fpb, added cgw goodies to get a pull that was crispy, light, travel each way was very few millimeters front and back.  Was amazing!  

I decided to reinstall the fpb bits with lighter springs over the past couple days.  Man is it disappointing! It's now a 1/2 inch either way.  It's still a really nice brake but dang. 

Is there a way to shorten pull and reset while leaving the FPB intact? 

Edited by 38superfan
Added question

I did. Lightened FPB spring. Installed CGW reach reduction and short rest set kit.  installed lighter hammer spring. I can feel the FPB during some dry fire drills, but never notice during USPSA/SCSA matches. 

On 2/9/2024 at 1:37 PM, GeneBray said:

I did. Lightened FPB spring. Installed CGW reach reduction and short rest set kit.  installed lighter hammer spring. I can feel the FPB during some dry fire drills, but never notice during USPSA/SCSA matches. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I went ahead and order their short throw lifter and a couple of extra L springs. 40% shorter reset should equally shorten the take up which will make me happy. 

49 minutes ago, 38superfan said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I went ahead and order their short throw lifter and a couple of extra L springs. 40% shorter reset should equally shorten the take up which will make me happy. 

A few things I'm not sure you know: You can polish a few parts to help smooth it out. This pinned kneelingatlas post is a must read.

I used to have this CGW SAO trigger installed on a SA conversion, which allows you to set pre and post travel with set screws. You can always call CGW to talk to David for his solid advice on his parts.

Edited by Haywizzle
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 11:08 PM, Haywizzle said:

A few things I'm not sure you know: You can polish a few parts to help smooth it out. This pinned kneelingatlas post is a must read.

I used to have this CGW SAO trigger installed on a SA conversion, which allows you to set pre and post travel with set screws. You can always call CGW to talk to David for his solid advice on his parts.

It's got the whole kit and kaboodle in it including that trigger. I went ahead and ordered and installed the short reset kit and am a happy camper and am thrilled with it. I can't edit the post unfortunately.