Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Statistics

Navy87Guy

Morning, all!

I've seen posts in various places where people give statistics on the most popular guns in use among top-level competitors. Stuff like "34 Glocks, 22 STI's..", etc. Is that information summarized anywhere for the various World Shoots? I surfed through the IPSC and World Shoot web sites, but I didn't find it anywhere.

Specifically, I'm interested in how many (if any) competitors use Witness/EAA pistols. Generally, I'm just interested to see what pistols are in use out there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

I donb't think they normally collect that information that World Shoots. They would have details of the types of gun but only for the purposes of getting the permit.

USPSA does collect that information - when enough forms are available - at the US Nationals. That may be a good indicator, that information is published in Front Sight magazine.

Tanfoglio/EAA is very popular outside the USA, but less so in this country. The cost of importing SVI/STI into Europe probably help explain this. When I was in UK the cost of an SVI/STI Open gun was around £2400 which was about $4500 at that time in the early 90's.

So Tanfoglio was popular, as were other European makes, such as Glock, Browning etc.