Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tequila Review: Caballito Cerrero Chato Reposado 46

img_3589-jpeg.1461595

Caballito Cerrero Chato Reposado 46:

Nose:

Huge hints of dry white whine and white grapes.  Think Pino Grigio meets Tequila Repo!  Light Agave, some very minor barrel, unripened fruit/green apple, light smoke, with some light herbal and floral notes. 

Taste:

Crazy mouth feel combined with a velvet smoothness.  Huge white and green grape, unripe green fruits (lime, green apple, grape), light lemon, hay, with acidic and mineral notes.

Finish:

Just about perfect!  The nose and flavor on the pallet allow this to hang around!  It’s perfectly smooth and lingers in a way that lets the green apple really shines in the end.  For 96 proof, it finishes off boldly yet doesn’t burn or overtake the enjoyment like some higher proofed spirits can.

Conclusion:

Yep!  This one f ucks!  If you’re a dry white wine fan, you’re in for a treat!  It’s unlike anything I’ve had and really shines through with complexity!  With that said, this repo knows what it wants to be and where it’s going.  As complex as it is, it’s simple and elegant.  It flows in a way few spirits I’ve drank do.  The agave is present but it’s so mild, which I can really appreciate!  Absolute killer bottle!!