Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Longshot for 9mm Major?

crsuribe

1 hour ago, GrumpyOne said:

I used VV N105 in my 38s open gun (until it was discontinued). Charge weight is related to how much gas the charge will make when fired. I started with LS when I first started loading 38s, and it worked well, but was LOUD. N105 worked much better, because the charge weight was higher (8.5 for LS, 10.5 for N105). 3n38 is probably gonna be my replacement powder.

Makes sense! Yeah I think I’m going to narrow my testing down to A#7 which creates a lot of gas but is dirty, Longshot which I am already using, and 3N38 which has a good reputation for being clean while working comps and popples well. 

47 minutes ago, crsuribe said:

Makes sense! Yeah I think I’m going to narrow my testing down to A#7 which creates a lot of gas but is dirty, Longshot which I am already using, and 3N38 which has a good reputation for being clean while working comps and popples well. 

I think I'm going to stay with your first 2 picks. Longshot will be my backup powder.

Yes AA#7 has alot of greyish smoke out of my comp and popple holes. But its the first powder that I actually feel the gas on my face when shooting it. Its the flattest load Ive messed with to date. 

This is me messing with HS6, autocomp, 3N38, true blue, Silhouette, LongShot and now AA#7. 

25 minutes ago, RippSpeed said:

I think I'm going to stay with your first 2 picks. Longshot will be my backup powder.

Yes AA#7 has alot of greyish smoke out of my comp and popple holes. But its the first powder that I actually feel the gas on my face when shooting it. Its the flattest load Ive messed with to date. 

This is me messing with HS6, autocomp, 3N38, true blue, Silhouette, LongShot and now AA#7. 

How was your experience with 3N38?

Edited by crsuribe