Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Largo Ammo In Dillon Catalog

....Is Dillon pulling a fast one? Page 39 of January 06 Dillon "Blue Press".

I know after all this time we have to give "big blue" the benefit of the doubt but it sure looks fishy.

9mm largo ammo. I was under the impression that this does NOT work in 9mm Luger / para / x19 guns but they show it in a picture with a 9mm Sig 229.

It's surplus from the 70's and you can buy in bulk, but the prices are not that good for 50 round boxes, and they are actually for only 25 rounds. Starting at $6.25 per 25 rounds of NON-reloadable 30 year old 9mm ball.

Oh and as you are reading the fine print you see there are no returns on loaded ammo. So if you make the mistake and "stock up" on this stuff, you're stuck with it.

Anybody else catch this or am I crying wolf?

I don't know if Dillon is trying to pull a fast one, as I have not seen the ad.

But I do know 9mm Largo will not chamber in any 9x19 pistol, most case dimensions are the same as the 9x19 but it's a lot longer, about the same as the 38 supper, that why its called the 9mm Largo (long).

I don't know if Dillon's price is a bargain or not, but it is hard to find in the US, I believe its still loaded in Europe.

Edited by AK74

I have an old 9mm Largo pistol; a 1921 Astra 400.

The case is 23mm long; same as 9x23 and .38 Super/Supercomp. I use worn out 9mm Supercomp brass, way down loaded for the old 9mm Largo; its a pure blow back pistol.

The Dillon ammo is for this gun, or another Spanish made Largo. Might work as practice ammo for a Supercomp, though not cheap.