Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do any aftermarket P-10c triggers reduce the trigger reach/pre-travel?

JesseM

Pretty much what the title says. I'm wondering if any of the after market triggers, the HBI, Apex, Overwatch, etc reduce the reach of the trigger face itself, either through geometry of the trigger face or by reducing the pre-travel.

I have no issues with this personally but I have a friend with small hands looking at the P10 so I thought I'd do a little research for them.

Between the two that I've tried, the Overwatch and the HBI, the Overwatch has the ever so slightest reach reduction. Not really enough to notice for most people. It won't be worth the try. Does your friend have a tough time with trigger finger placement even with the small backstrap?

1 minute ago, darthdively said:

Between the two that I've tried, the Overwatch and the HBI, the Overwatch has the ever so slightest reach reduction. Not really enough to notice for most people. It won't be worth the try. Does your friend have a tough time with trigger finger placement even with the small backstrap?

Yeah. I wear a medium sized glove so I have the small back-strap on my P10 and their hand is even smaller, they can reach the trigger but not without twisting the gun in their hand a bit.

The alternative is the PDP-F but with the current deals on the P10 it'd be a few hundred savings if a trigger could help.

1 minute ago, JesseM said:

Yeah. I wear a medium sized glove so I have the small back-strap on my P10 and their hand is even smaller, they can reach the trigger but not without twisting the gun in their hand a bit.

The alternative is the PDP-F but with the current deals on the P10 it'd be a few hundred savings if a trigger could help.

That is going to be a tough one. If they are at a point of twisting the gun in their hand, you and I both can probably recognize that the p10 may not be the best fit for your friend, literally lol. Is there room in your friend's budget to consider looking at a different pistol?

I don't really know what all is out there that's full size and smaller grip. perhaps the VP9? Definitely not glock full size. I know that this is a huge jump in price, perhaps the shadow 2 with ultra thin grips and reach reduction kit? I know that some people with smaller hands can handle the shadow 2 pretty well.

The only pistol I know that might work is the PDP-F but I'm not sure how much they are willing to spend so I thought I'd at least check to see if the P10 could be improved because it would be cheaper knowing all the good deals on it right now.

Well everything else being equal then how would I decide which trigger shoe to get? Does anyone have a rundown of them or does it really just come down to whichever I like the look of the most?