Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

wide rear sights

Russty

I'm looking for wide rear sights for my Beretta 92. I'm competing with a CZ 75 SP 01 with a wide Dawson rear and I don't seem to be able to find how wide Beretta rear sights can be. Dawson doesn't show a rear sight for them. My eye is kinda spoiled for that big black chunk of a rear on  my CZ and I'm looking to recreate that.

JB Weld then. To make it easier to get a given width increase and a nice flat surface use the JB to glue small pieces of sheet metal onto the sides of the rear sight. JB is kind of runny so I'd glue onto one side at a time and set the sight down w/ that side down. One other option would be an adjustable sight. 

Beretta Fiber Optic front Sight Kit for pistol model 92A1/96A1

Ok, thanks for pointing this out. Before posting the question here, had checked out the Beretta site sights (see what I did there?) and was frustrated that they never show the sight mounted on a gun or provide measurements. But, after your post I dug deeper and read the reviews. There is one wider, about as wide as can be done because of the safety, clearing the safety by 0.025". This one - https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/sights/beretta-92-96-target-adjustable-rear-sight/. So, there is that. But, this doesn't get me into CZ territory, only adding 2 mm per side. Which, I now realize is the best I can get, with the safety poking up. So, final answer, just get used to the Beretta. Thanks for the advice, it was worth a shot.

• 3 weeks later...