Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC dovetail plate a bit loose....tips?

Guitarmageddon

Hey folks. Got the CZ custom dovetail plate for my TSO, since im playing in limited optics for a bit. Mounted up the new 507 comp and havent been to the range yet. Im noticing that the CZC plate is basically going in with finger pressure and is far looser than the toni systems aluminum version, which needed some fitting and coercion to go in. It however never came loose on me in thousands of rounds using it with my DPP.

My fear is that the looseness of the CZC plate may present an issue and it could wiggle out, although its all loctited down and I have yet to test it out at the range. Does anyone have any tips on how to increase the tightness of it, or am I stuck with what Ive got?

47 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Interesting. My EGW CZ TS plate was exceptionally tight. 

Yea I saw theirs after I got the Toni system one. The TS one was great and super tight. So if it comes down to it I can always buy the version that fits the 507. But I'd rather not play musical plates... I have no real issues using a plate til now. Was totally fine with the DPP. took no time at all to get used to the index too. This is a TSO I shoot 40 minor PF and use a dovetail. I like my frankengun

This happened to me as well.  I took the plate out and turned it over on a vise anvil.  Took a sharp center punch and put several dimples into the bottom of the dove tail flat of the plate.  This raised enough metal to tighten up the fit.

On 8/3/2023 at 12:12 AM, jrabs said:

This happened to me as well.  I took the plate out and turned it over on a vise anvil.  Took a sharp center punch and put several dimples into the bottom of the dove tail flat of the plate.  This raised enough metal to tighten up the fit.

Thanks. Went this route and loctited her all up. Took it to the range for 200 rounds yesterday and all is well. As far as I could tell I think there's not much difference I notice in slide mass between mounting plates either.