Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which aftermarket slide are you running for Carry Optics?

chp5

I want to retrofit my old G17 Production pistol for CO and I don’t want to have the slide milled.  I’d rather just buy an aftermarket optic ready slide for a dedicated CO upper.  I bought the Holosun EPS 6 MOA for this purpose.  It’s has the Holosun’s K footprint and includes an RMR-to-K footprint adapter. 

I bought a Brownells optic ready slide, but it uses the Zev RMR cut posts that do not allow me to use mount the EPS with the adapter.  You can read the explanation here if you’re interested:  https://www.reddit.com/r/HOLOSUN/comments/103fgjk/eps_full_size_wont_mount_to_rmr_cut_zevpost_style/

So the Brownells slide won’t work.  What do you guys recommend for an aftermarket RMR optic ready G17 stripped slide?  I’m not interested in paying $375 for a striped slide however!  Thanks. 

So I have the same slide, but using a different optic on it.  When reading the comments, there is someone selling an adapter plate to fix your problem.  This seems to be a cheaper fix than buying another slide.

Sounds strange, but eBay has exactly what you’re looking for. There are a ton of 17 slides with the RMR cut. If you have any issue with the slide, just return it for a full refund. I built 2 -26s and 2-17s this winter and only had to return one of the 17 slides I purchased. Hope  this helps! 

48 minutes ago, dapribek said:

Sounds strange, but eBay has exactly what you’re looking for. There are a ton of 17 slides with the RMR cut. If you have any issue with the slide, just return it for a full refund. I built 2 -26s and 2-17s this winter and only had to return one of the 17 slides I purchased. Hope  this helps! 

Thanks.  Do you know the makes of the slides? 

2 hours ago, Stuey said:

So I have the same slide, but using a different optic on it.  When reading the comments, there is someone selling an adapter plate to fix your problem.  This seems to be a cheaper fix than buying another slide.

I couldn't find an adapter plate to solve the issues.  Because of the height of the Zev post things, any plate would be thick and rise the optic way high.

No, I don’t know the makers of the slides. If you do 2 searches, one for stripped Glock 17 slides and one for Glock 17 slides, you’ll find quite a few. Be sure to include the generation you’re looking for. Hope this helps.