Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deal Or No Deal

davidball

This show is so STUPID . . . it's GREAT!

No skill, all luck, mind numbingly stupid, and I can't quit watching it.

The premise:

Twenty-six money cases each with a pre-set amount of money between 1 cent and 1 million dollars. The contestant selects one case at the beginning of the show which is "theirs." As the show progresses, the contestant selects cases from the other 25 to open, thereby eliminating amounts that might be in "their" case. Throughout the process, a "banker" who sits above the set in shadows offers amounts of money to the contestant to give up "their" case. Of course, the banker is some sort of actuary who calculates the odds of the contestant having "X" amount of money in "their" case and offers an amount comensurate with the situation.

My brother-in-law and nephew were visiting, exchanging Christmas gifts, etc., and we were just "surfing" when we landed on this show. By the end of the show we would either stand and cheer when cases were open or moan in agony, all the while commenting on the relative intelligence of the contestant as they chose to "deal" or "no deal."

One contestant, who was unemployed, without spouse or girlfriend, and shaped like a bowling ball, kept turning down the banker's offers because he insisted that he was "lucky."

I saw part of this show once. And it is like the kid that the parents have to tied a bone around his neck so the dog will play with him.

They keep offering Cash if the person will 'Just go away' = how much do they have to pay to get you to leave.

The don't pay you to be on the show = just to leave

:wacko:

I was going to send the network a bill for the time I spent watching. but decided against it becuse I would have to admit to watch it.

Well . . . he may have been . . . but the evidence presented was lacking . . . :(

David

Need to have a contest for the best joke.... with the above as a punchline... ;)

I don't know about a joke, per se, but I can think of some bold statements that it can follow. For example:

"Jimmy Carter was a great president."

Well . . . he may have been . . . but the evidence presented was lacking . . . :(

"Brian Bosworth was a great NFL linebacker."

"Brian Bosworth followed his NFL career by being a great actor."