Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 014 - Bracket Bars - Fabrication

aalbert

Needed a couple of the bars, and called up Safariland -- no dice. So I went ahead and measured things up, and added a few to a recent order with sendcutsend.com  (approx $2 each).

I had my hole center to center off by about .03 (seems to be 2.03 not 2.00), but threw them in the mill and opened things up, and they seem to work fine. To that end, I have placed another order with the updated specs, and once they are in, and confirmed good, will post the .dxf here so folks can order at will (unfortunately they do have a $30min order - but maybe there are some other commonly used items that folks can think of that can be drawn up, and included in the order to reach that number). 

IMG_4136.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I received my 2nd batch from sendcutsend .. These dropped right in, and came out to $2 each (as long as you meet  the rest of their min order). 

Here is a PNG of the dimensions, as well as the DXF file at - https://www.biggerhammer.net/cad/Safariland_014_Hanger_Bars.dxf

image.png.b450f9177395e0ffc6a46224001af7a3.png

Material is .100" in thickness (I had it done in stainless)

Edited by aalbert

I made a couple sets myself for my 014’s using stainless at ~1/2 the thickness of originals.  They last a long time.  There is some work involved in making these simple clips so that price is pretty reasonable..