Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 Magwell and Basepad Compatability

SPINGE

Hello shooters, I just picked up an SP-01 and I am wondering what magwells are compatible with it and additionally what basepads will work with said magwells. I have an opportunity to pick up some of the MecGar competition magazines and I am wondering what magwells may work with them. At the price they are offered to me, I am ok with one less round per mag instead of spending the extra $$$ on other basepads. I am trying to figure out which magwell will work sooner rather than later so I can throw on some aftermarket grips.

Here is the mag I am wondering about. I am sure that with the angle the pad is cut at there are magwells that won't accept them. 

Thanks!

-SPINGE

image.thumb.png.061e619536ccf0d76c2170a427b434f0.png 

Hennning I believe make them and/or Taylor Freelance and Taran Tactical.  Are you going to be using this in USPSA or SCSA?  If so, the mag well will move you Limited.  Cannot have maxwells in Production and CO.

8 hours ago, GeneBray said:

Hennning I believe make them and/or Taylor Freelance and Taran Tactical.  Are you going to be using this in USPSA or SCSA?  If so, the mag well will move you Limited.  Cannot have maxwells in Production and CO.

The idea was to use them in USPSA. I hope to never need that many rounds in Steel Challenge! 😂😭 I went ahead and got standard mags with no extensions. I was kicking around Lim. Minor but may nix the magwell idea and do production instead. Its either more stage planning and reloads or scoring minor in a major division...pick your posion...

Edited by SPINGE

Failed to mention open if you use an optic.  Check appendix D in the rulebook for equipment rule for the various divisions.  In Production and CO, if not specifically allowed in the appendix it is not allowed, and external maxwells are specifically excluded, and sever limits on internal ones.

2 hours ago, GeneBray said:

Failed to mention open if you use an optic.  Check appendix D in the rulebook for equipment rule for the various divisions.  In Production and CO, if not specifically allowed in the appendix it is not allowed, and external maxwells are specifically excluded, and sever limits on internal ones.

No, I won't be purposefully hopping in OPEN for a while, I also hope I don't end up there on accident either! Production will likely be the ticket for a while.

-SPINGE

On 6/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, GeneBray said:

Thank you Stmark73. Getting older and stuck on some of the old rules. Believe it was May when Limited Optics was approved as provisional. 

Yes, sir