Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slickside CAR PCC build

I'm assembling parts for my AR9 build.

I have a slick side A1 upper and I'm going to have a pinned A style front sight and 16" barrel. 

This upper is super nice so I may switch it with my beat up 601 uppered rifle....

I went with the Stern glock mag adapter due to the bolt hold open feature and the dependable magazine options. It's almost twice the price of some others but I figured it was kind of important....

XM style stock and CAR foregrip, I'll see if I can find an open cage hider. I found a krinkov style hider that is pretty nice...

Edited by AngelDeVille

Here is where I’m at at the moment, the magazine adapter is the only thing I currently have on order.

I’m researching the bolt, buffer and barrel.

Im fairly certain I’ll be using the deflector and half dust cover set up since it is a classic look and I like it…

3-D8-CA07-D-A76-A-4489-B6-ED-950360-FEB1

Edited by AngelDeVille

Nothing wrong with that upper, especially since the forward assist don’t work on many AR9 bolts

and I would go with the AR 9 dust cover with the gas deflector, 1 because it look badass and 2 it does stop crud from hitting you in the face when your shoot it off your left shoulder

I have everything but magazines on order.

I went with a 16” barrel with an A2 cage and a fsb for simplicity’s sake. I have carbine and mid length handguards and went with mid length since it looks less goofy than carbine length. 

I do need to clarify with them  that it is a non “f” marked and has a sight post.

I went with a Faxon bolt as it’s description by the manufacturer had answered most all my questions. 

I’m very tempted to try a few of the less expensive magazines, but if I just go with oem Glock  I know I’ll avoid headaches. 

I’ll have to check bolt travel and I’m prepared to make a spacer if I need to. 

Edited by AngelDeVille

OK barrel is built with an "F" FSB... and they said even if it isn't marked it will be an "F" height

Really don't know how that will translate to a 9mm anyway...

I do need to research how zero is set with the two apertures and 9mm

AND it doesn't come with a sight post, so I'll buy a .270 and a .300 just for the fun of it....

I got an email about a sale on Glock 33 round magazines….  $34 each…

I hope 8 will get me by….

I also got the rise armament pcc trigger as was suggested in another thread.  

I wasn’t planning on a fancy trigger but….

Edited by AngelDeVille

I was not expecting the barrel to ship for maybe another week as they said they build them to order…

it will be here Monday!

I do believe everything will have arrived by Monday, EXCEPT the magazines….. I have not gotten notification of those shipping yet….

the Stern Defense magwell adapter arrived today, and while it was twice the price of some others, I believe I made the right decision, it is very well made.

Buffer tube spacer, Rise trigger, mags, and front sight post came in.

I am still waiting on an adapter for the large hole on the front pin of the colt upper, and I have a front sling swivel in the same package. 

I may trade off one of my CZ P-09’s or my WWII REM 11 for a Glock 34, 17, 19 now that I have a supply of Glock mags. 

IMG-2105.jpg

Very windy at the range today.

I sighted the short leaf at 50m and used a top hold on the short at 200m. 

I’ll sort the long leaf when the weather gets nicer, and I’ll figure out what ammo I’ll be using regularly. 

these were some 130’ s that I’m almost out of and I don’t remember where I got them. 

Very happy with the Rise armament flat trigger. 

the bolt hold open is nice, but it is fragile, a not so sharp rap on the buttstock or anywhere else will close the bolt.