Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anderson Kiger 9C

I just purchased the Kiger 9C (one of the Glock 19 gen 3 clones) a few weeks ago after seeing a review for the pistol on the web. I have never been a big Glock fan, they just didn't fit my hand well and I never shot them very well, not a hater of Glocks as I know they are great guns, just not for me.

This one was calling my name and just having to have it as my last name is Kiger, my badge number was 324 3+2+4 =9 and I was a COUNTY police office for over 20 years. The Kiger is made by Anderson Manufacturing in my home state of Kentucky, so it was pretty much a given to own.

I was able to get it to the range the next day and was pleasantly surprised at how well it shot. I ran a few triple tap drills with it and the results were not bad, much better than I expected. I believe the styling of the grip, more squared off, aggressive texturing and no hump just fit my hand better. I would give the trigger a fair rating but no where near my Sig X5 with the GG kit at 2.5 lbs, the Kiger came in at 5.4 lbs on my gauge right out of the box. The trigger has some creep on the take up, but a good crisp break and short reset, it's been so long since I shot a factory Glock I can't compare.

I ended up adding some extra mags as it come with one 15 round Magpul mag. I added 3 more 15s a 17 and a 27. Having never owned a Glock, I was really surprised how cheap it was to add the extras compared to my Sigs, I was able to add the five for slightly more that one 21 for my X5.

I ran 300 rounds thru it with only two failure to feeds and both on the 27 mag with with 147 gr. FMJ America Eagle, there was a lot of mag hanging out the bottom of the well.

I ended up running some steel at the range and times were fair for the first time out with a new pistol. The grip on the Kiger really make it a fairly flat shooter with the stippling  points just below the rails.

In the end I like the Kiger and will be adding it to my pistols I would carry. It won't replace my 2 P365s for CCW or the X5 for competitive shooting but it will see some service as I have added a Streamlight TLR 7A flex to the package and IWB holster to fit.

I got mine at KY GUN CO in Bardstown KY 

IMG_0183 copy.jpeg