Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith and wesson m&p competitor plates same as 1.0

missed it by that much

It's OK. I am a little disappointed with accuracy. I've only shot reloads I had on hand. All were shot off the bag at 17 yards with a red dot. 5 shot groups. 

Bullet.        Powder.  Group size ctc

124 Win RN  titegroup 4.1.      2.014

124 Win RN.  Titegroup 4.4.    1.892

124 RMR MW Titegroup 3.8.   2.868

135 Bayou. Sport Pistol 3.5.  Over 4"

135 Acme   Sport Pistol 3.5.    2.858

147 RMR MW Titegroup 3.2   Over 4"

147 extreme RN VV320  3.2     2.22

So accuracy can be found just have to look a little harder than most my other guns 

I really like the feel of the m&p in my hands. I have a 1.0 that I won when they first came out. Had to do trigger work install barsto barrel to make it right for me. So I had magazines for this already and they are interchangeable. 

The trigger on the competitor is much better. Not as good as the canik rival which is also not picky with ammo and accuracy. But a great improvement over 1.0 m&p. I also don't like the front strap which is removable. It's not noticeable when shooting but just bugs me that it wiggles. Don't like the plastic plates. Recoil is different than the plastic m&p maybe faster and snappier. So long story short. I think find what you like and feels good in your hands. I shoot revolver quite a bit so I'm not a trigger snob. I'm in michigan so I'll really play with it more when the weather breaks. 

20 hours ago, missed it by that much said:

Sorry I answered in the above post. If you have more specific questions go ahead and ask 

Appreciate the response. Im going to check it out tomorrow. They have both a Rival and the Competitor in stock. Thinking about getting a Production gun. If I have any more questions I'll be sure to reach out. Thanks again.