Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want To Shoot Old School

Hey all,

I have been shooting some multi-gun and police olympics 3-gun matches for awhile now which pretty much use my duty weapons and I would like to get into shooting official 3-gun matches. The thing is I really want to shoot my carry guns and not tricked out versions (nothing against you open shooters) I just want to get better on the guns that I carry everyday. That being said is there a division for us guys shooting pump 870's and iron sight AR-15's and if there is, is anyone shooting in it?

There is not an "iron sighted AR15/pump shotgun division" per se. In USPSA, you would fall under Limited class and in IMG matches you would fall into Tactical class. In either category you would to shoot against semi-auto shotguns.

But don't let that stop you! Get out and shoot!

I have shot irons and pumps against scopes and autos. Many shooters are impressed if you shoot decent, especially on a rifle stage that requires accuracy. You will rarely finish near the bottom because of equipment problems. I have seen scoped rifles and auto shotguns win stages on one occasion only to "crash and burn" next month.