Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 striker re-assembly

X5SigChris

Maybe this is news to everyone else but I figured I’d share my experience to potentially help someone else out. 

a while back I decided to be a genius and lube up my striker assembly. Then I started having failure to fires. Got on here and was told I was messing up. 

fast forward to today, the wife and kids were all gone and I’m about to go practice this weekend I thought I’d scrub it down. Tore it all apart (first time really) and cleaned everything off and cleaned the channel it rides it. Go to put it back together and the slide won’t go all the way back. Everything looked to be good. Took it apart again, put back together, same issue. Took my 320c apart to compare the two and for the most part, it looks good. 

the safety lock fell out of its channel and wouldn’t allow it to ride up and down. Causing my issue. Long story short, make sure that’s good before you put it back together and don’t loose that little spring in the process😂

hope this saves 30 minutes for someone else out there lol. Happy new years 

Just now, X5SigChris said:

It was when I took apart the second one I saw my mistake. I was trying to figure it out without the tube haha

lol...yeah I tried that also.

I forget exactly what my problem was, I think it had something to do with that safety lever also, but I ended up using the video and all is good.