Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 226 Load for Competition

california02

Hello,

I’m new to loading my own 9mm ammo and just picked up a new loader. I have it setup to where I can make a bullet but I’m not sure what are the ideal load specs for my gun.

A friend from my club suggested this forum to see if anyone out there is running the same gun and has a load they recommend or any experience, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nick

First off, if you are new to reloading I strongly suggest you read some loading manuals. Lyman is my favorite but I own fairly recent copies of all of them.

Second Should you be suggested a load, you need to load up to it and not start with the load given. 

Third, the load I use in my Sig 226 may not be the best load for your Sig 226. For that matter the load you do come up with now for your gun may not be the best load for your gun the next time you buy powder, bullets, brass or primers.

Finally, to get even close you are going to need to let us know what you are using them for.

P.S. A bullet is the one peice of the ammo that goes down range.  

P.P.S.  If you don't have a chrono get one.  Just as important as a good reloading scale.

Edited by GigG