Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip choices for Scorpion

There's a used Scorpion I won on Gunbroker waiting for me to pick up at my LGS. It will be my second (sold the first one then regretted the decision). The new (to me) one has a factory grip on it. I'm not a fan of the grip angle as I prefer a more vertical grip (I run mostly BCM and B5 on my AR's and Magpul K2's on my AK's). I swapped my first Scorpion to a Magpul grip and was very happy with it. That said, the Yeti looks interesting, but I haven't had a chance to touch one, let alone run one.  Anyone tried both the Magpul and YetiWurks and have a preference? Any other suggestions for a more vertical aftermarket grip?

TLDR: Looking for aftermarket grip suggestions for CZ Scorpion (preferably more vertical).

YetiWurks is one of the OG aftermarket Scorpion grips. 

I found this photo on a quick google search that shows several grips side by side (From left to right: Elite Customs Bren Style Grip, Paske Pathfinder, Apex, Switchback with Everest, Actual Matterhorn, OEM.) 

8dFkmpk.jpeg

So from that, it looks like the Paske is the most vertical of the options. I couldn't find a direct comparison between the Yeti and the Magpul, but it looks like the Magpul is about the same angle as the Yeti. 

Edited by bulldog009
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 8:36 AM, bulldog009 said:

YetiWurks is one of the OG aftermarket Scorpion grips. 

I found this photo on a quick google search that shows several grips side by side (From left to right: Elite Customs Bren Style Grip, Paske Pathfinder, Apex, Switchback with Everest, Actual Matterhorn, OEM.) 

8dFkmpk.jpeg

So from that, it looks like the Paske is the most vertical of the options. I couldn't find a direct comparison between the Yeti and the Magpul, but it looks like the Magpul is about the same angle as the Yeti. 

I ended up going with a Magpul again. I liked it well enough on my first one that I'll run it for a while on this one until I get a chance to play with the Yeti or Paske or Apex on someone elses' guns. Thank you for doing what my lazy butt should have done in the first place...