Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AXG scorpion for CO

ncrivello

Looking to jump into carry optics (USPSA); New to me AXG scorpion with 6moa Romeo 1 pro seems to be the best option on hand.  Was thinking of throwing an extended mag release and some LOK veloce grips on, then run it for a bit.

Is there a compelling reason to convert to the AXG pro spec with the longer 4.7" slide/barrel?  What else to think about?  

It makes sense to adopt the 4.7" or 5" variants if you want to tune your recoil spring to your loads. Also, the AXG module requires a different mag release button that only Springer Precision makes (as of this writing).

The gun won't be holding you back, but if you like to upgrade things, then I would do it in this order:

1. LOK AXG Veloce or AXG Brass GridLOK grips (Palm swells allows for more consistent grip and comfort) $115-$185
  2. Springer Precision Extended Magazine Release (Allows for more consistent reloads) $45
  3. GrayGuns Competition Trigger Kit (Lowers trigger pull to under 3 lbs) $160
  4. Keres Pro Steel Adjustable Trigger (Reduces pretravel and overtravel) $95
  5. SRO + CHPWS AXG to RMR plate (Taller optic window) $600 OR Romeo3 Max + 4.7" Full-size slide + Barsto Barrel + R3 optic cut + Adjustable recoil spring (Baller option) $1400+

On 7/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, CClassForLife said:

It makes sense to adopt the 4.7" or 5" variants if you want to tune your recoil spring to your loads. Also, the AXG module requires a different mag release button that only Springer Precision makes (as of this writing).

The gun won't be holding you back, but if you like to upgrade things, then I would do it in this order:

1. LOK AXG Veloce or AXG Brass GridLOK grips (Palm swells allows for more consistent grip and comfort) $115-$185
  2. Springer Precision Extended Magazine Release (Allows for more consistent reloads) $45
  3. GrayGuns Competition Trigger Kit (Lowers trigger pull to under 3 lbs) $160
  4. Keres Pro Steel Adjustable Trigger (Reduces pretravel and overtravel) $95
  5. SRO + CHPWS AXG to RMR plate (Taller optic window) $600 OR Romeo3 Max + 4.7" Full-size slide + Barsto Barrel + R3 optic cut + Adjustable recoil spring (Baller option) $1400+

Just realized who you are... your road with the G26 in CO is what makes me ask for the compelling reasons to futz with the gun as is vs just getting after it.