Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Portland, Maine -- Ipsc

So, if I were to take a job in Portland, Maine what kind of opportunity would I have to continue my shooting interests --USPSA/IPSC? I turned down an offer in the People's Republic of Massachusetts because of one of their Senators who gives me the super willies. Let me say that I don't NEED the job, it is just an extremely good offer.

I'm not sure if there is anything going on in Maine but if you're willing to drive 2 hours you can get to Harvard, MA. They have great matches there. I know it is a bit of a hike though. Hopefully someone else will chime in... I don't blame you for not wanting to move to Massachusetts. Living here is very difficult with all our rediculous Liberals. We still have the assault weapons ban here as well.

I thought I had heard there was some activity in Maine, I live about an hour or so from the US border, and was looking into getting my paperwork in order so I could shoot in the US. It sure would be nice to shoot with a big stick again instead of our "plugged" 10 rounders. Will being a member of IPSC allow me to compete in the US, or do I need to join the USPSA?

Will being a member of IPSC allow me to compete in the US, or do I need to join the USPSA?

AS a foriegn member of an IPSC region, you are welcome to compete in USPSA matches without a USPSA membership. You might want to consider membership anyhow - you get to ocmplete in our classification system, and also get Front Sight magazine.

Also, there is one club in Maine, near Augusta :

(using the clubfinder at www.uspsa.org)

MAINE PRACTICAL SHOOTERS

Paul Mitchell

Section: IPSC Area: 7 Club Number: IPSC55

Readfield, ME 04355

Home: (207) 377-3189

Work: (207) 622-6241

Email: northernxtreme@hotmail.com

Mapquest reports a city to city driving distance of 56 miles.