Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3.5# Connector

WayneG

Thanks!  That was easy!  It's funny, I work on 1911's, M-1's, M-14's and AR-15's all the time and never approached a job as intimidated as I was with this one.  I think I'm over my anxiety attack now.

Shot it for the first time last weekend, looking forward to shooting it some more this coming Saturday.  After years of carrying and shooting 1911's and M-9's, it's going to take awhile to get used to this Glock....but I'm looking forward to expending the effort.

Welcome WayneG - I went through the same thing in 97 when I installed my first 3.5 connector.  Your 21 likely feels a bit like a DA revolver now - you might try a reduced power striker spring to cure that. You can get one from custom glock racing or Glockmeister - the instructions for the top end are in the same place you found the others. In addition, you will learn how your Glock functions. Some folks criticize the reduced power striker - take a look at my post on "tungsten guiderod" but I think they are fine. See you at the match! DVC,

C.

Guest Dick W Holliday

i've got a reduced power striker in my 17L and i can tell you that you better order some Federal Primers the same time you order the spring.......i generally use WW primers for my 9mm (because that's what our gun club buys).  if you don't use the Federal with the spring it's sort of like shooting the $8.00 per brick 22's....occasionally you'll have to run some through the gun twice....Dick

(Edited by Dick W Holliday at 5:36 am on Feb. 8, 2003)