Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik freedomsmith trigger

Deltacharlie

I have a Master in my TP9 SFx. I got a Zombie Pro to put in my Rival, but haven't installed it yet.

I have had occasional problems with the one in the TP9 where it won't pull.  Like the safety plunger thing is catching on something. OR, it could be that my finger is too much on the side of the trigger and not pressing the safety plunger fully. It has generally only happened in a match when I'm in a hurry, so I have not really been able to diagnose it well yet. (and that is another reason I haven't put the new one in my Rival yet - and also that the stock trigger is so nice)

I went for the Zombie for the Rival because I wanted something that had more "safety" and less "trigger" in the width of the face of it. That seems like it would make me less likely to get my finger on just the trigger and not be fully pressing the safety.

I put Galloway springs and the FS trigger in my TP9. On my digital gauge, it measures 5# 4oz trigger pull.

I put the same Galloway springs in my Rival. With the stock trigger (and Galloway springs), it measured 4# even. I changed the Galloway plunger spring to a Cajun Gun Works one and it dropped to 3# 7oz. I never did measure either Canik with a bone stock trigger setup. I didn't have the gauge until last Friday...