Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trigger Shoots High

Farmer

Installed a flat trigger in my XDM’s and it really feels nice. Seems to help give a straight push. For some reason on my 10mm my finger always would drag on the trigger guard and almost pinch between trigger and guard but this seems to have cured that. Got a chance to try a few rounds and now I’m hitting 3” higher than before. During dry fire everything seemed better with less to no side-to-side movement. Haven’t tried a bunch of rounds but both guns hit the same. I can bring it down if I really concentrate on grip  but then the groups suck. Hopefully the weather will stabilize and I can try and figure out what went wrong. 
Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Edited by Farmer
Added

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how well of a shooter you are, but generally, what I find, that shooting problems are with shooting low as a result of flinching at the shot. 

As shooters get better they shot low less. 

A dramatic improvement in the trigger could also help you become a better shot, ergo, you are shooting better since you are not shooting as low as you have been. 

Just a thought. 

Finally got some decent weather and time to figure it out. Seems that with the curved trigger it made me tense up my strong hand grip holding the gun more firmly. With the flat trigger my strong hand seems to stay more relaxed. Just needed a bit more practice and adjustment with the change.