Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie Question: Beretta 92x Performance Defensive or CZ Shadow 2 for Carry Optics?

pinoybug

Very new in the game and have some questions.

I have a Beretta 92x performance and that's my only competition level steel gun. Not sure if I should go Shadow 2 or 92 x defensive for my carry optics. Should I stick to the platform I know?

With the 92x Defensive, I can switch frames / mags / parts.. essentially a backup of each other minus the optic. Also no need to relearn indexing with a new platform.

With the Shadow 2.. I really don't know as I've never shot one or owned one before. The draw is there's a large majority who uses the CZ platform & great after market support.

In my limited time researching.. looks like  CZ Shooters outnumber Beretta 92x performance/defensive shooter. Maybe there is a reason behind it ?

Of course  JJ Racaza / Ernest Langdon, win matches with them. But these guys can probably be given a different gun and still end up on top 😄

I know it's not the gun but the shooter 🙂 Just trying to make an informed decision.

14 minutes ago, pinoybug said:

The draw is there's a large majority who uses the CZ platform & great after market support.

^^^^

This.

The Beretta looks like a nice gun, but you need parts, service and aftermarket availability, CZ Shadow 2 has it all. But it will cost you at least 2K to make the switch. Gun, optics and milling, trigger work, mags and extended base pads, pouches and more.

CZ shooters outnumber Beretta largely because CZ's been producing competitive guns longer and there's good aftermarket support. The guns aren't necessarily better.

I've shot a lot out of CZs over the last decade. The few Berettas I've held recently seem to have better triggers, or at least smoother DA pulls.

I'd shoot the Beretta 92x Performance if I already had it. It won't hold you back at all. I'm curious to try the 92x but it's close enough to the production guns I already own it's hard to be motivated to invest in a new platform.