Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

B&T P320

Back in September I took my first foray into NFA items, for my birthday. I bought the UWS stock for my Sig. Fast forward to this weekend, and it was the first time I had to actually run it (Holidays, Covid, indoor gun ranges, etc.).

The setup was a Carry P320 slide/barrel, B&T Grip, standalone FCU (so custom shop I guess?). Sig Romeo 1 Pro.

It was rampagingly ok. Uncomfortable to hold with a normal grip since it's so close. Smashing the impact of a 9 into a stock the length and width of a finger isn't fun either.

So, I figure I'll throw a slightly longer barrel, a comp, and a grip on it to really lean in to the mall-ninja. Maybe work on a fixed stock I don't hate in the future, but for now try drop-on parts that might help a bit. Also keep my eye out for the Flux, or Rampage Alpha, as improvements, since I've already SBR'd the thing.

Anyway - I'm thinking a grip because that was sort of naturally where my hand drifted. I'm thinking longer barrel (and/or comp) to extend the blast past that grip and lessen 'blow a finger off' risks. I don't really know jack about comps or grips. So I thought I'd ask advice from anyone who's messed with them more.

Price-wise it looks cheaper to actually buy a full size P320 with threaded barrel and swap the carry slide/barrel/grip onto the new FCU, thus producing one carry-size p320 and one SBR'ed p320 with threaded barrel.

But, then again, I'm not sure if I should just slap on a threaded carry length barrel and comp that, or if I should use a full length barrel, or a comped full length barrel (with appropriate slide).

At this point, it's mostly just a silly range toy that I'm trying to make as fun to shoot as possible, rather than practical. Like I said, I might try working out a fixed wider stock in the future, or working with someone who's actually not an ape with a hammer like me to pin on a telescoping stock with a not-crap buttplate.